Sunday, November 18, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

  Well, I'm not dead yet! In fact, the protests are starting to die down in Jordan, as the citizenry slowly realize that life, sadly, is just going to get a lot harder.
    This is just a quick update with a few videos, courtesy of Scott Gemmel.
   First, we have the video which he took on "Thanksgiving Day." I'm sorry that my part wasn't more---touching. I didn't realize what exactly he was taking video for.
     Also, here is the video for the first day of our big field trip a couple weeks ago. That was probably one of my absolute favorite days in Jordan, so enjoy! I even have a line in this one! He also got some great footage of us hiking down the siege tunnel to the bottom of the hill. (I'm the one wearing the green turban.)
    All I will say is, everything looked even more magnificent in real life than this video. And those castles made me feel like I might see Aslan any moment!
    And here's another video where we all go down into a Crusader-era wine cellar, because hiking down into dangerous tunnels of unknown origin and destination is what BYU students do best! I'm the only female voice there:)
   In short, I think we put Indiana Jones to shame!

2 comments:

  1. The Star Wars music was a nice touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought they were all quite fun--and the music makes us sound epic:)

    ReplyDelete